Saturday, September 27, 2008

Nareepol tree - the fact of humor



Some days before, I have received a mail saying about a tree in Thailand whose fruits are in the shapes of Women !! I have found similar information on some blogs and websites also.

So I was quite impressed and excited to know more about this tree and if possible wanna visit it. I have searched on travel websites to find whether any travel agencies are arranging tour for such a marvellous and mysterious tree. But to my stunning surprise no travel agency was knowing about the said tree or the place where it was claimed the tree belongs to. 

So, I was a little bit of suspicious about the existence of this tree. To find out the truth I have started digging the story and I found that almost all the places similar information and similar photographs were there. Then I have searched some Thai people from chat rooms of various chat servers and asked them about this tree. The answers were as per my expectations. There is no such type of tree exists in Thailand ! !

Finally I have started to search some more text to support my research and I have found one website (Hoax-Slayer.com)which was showing the same result.

So it was clear that some nuts have used (or misused) the power of Internet along with some kind of Digitography to spread the humor around the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.